Thursday 9 April 2009

Arriba, abajo, al centro, al dentro!

Arriba, abajo, al centro, al dentro! Take a drink and raise your hand (arriba!), low your hand with the drink (abajo!), place your hand in the middle (al centro!) and finally, bottoms up (al dentro!).

Yesterday we enjoyed some tapas, beer and Tinto de Verano on the terrace of Taberna Canela at C/Mercedes de Velilla. Such a nice place, the prices were really reasonable even if it is Semana Santa now and the smily Columbian waiter let our ears to enjoy his slow and musical accent after all the Sevillan rush through the words and sentences.

Before tapas the Sevillan L took us to see one of the Easter Processions, La Lanzada, to leave their home church. It really takes a good while to get all out and organized - the heavy statues of the Crist and Maria, the so called pasos, are so tall and wide that the men under must crawl on their knees and follow very carefully the directions. After the procession marched away with the brotherhood of hundreds of hooded Nazarenos, the statue of the Christ, the statue of crying Maria looking for her son and finally, the orchestra L invited us to watch the next next procession, cofradía, from his roof top terrace near to Plaza de la Encarnacíon.

Roof top terrace of a 5 floor building, great. Ungratefull me was more concentrated on photographing the great panoramic views over all the Seville and his 3 sweet soft little dogs than the actual thing. Really cool, anyway. L:s flat is maybe the nicest I have seen in Spain so far. Mostly the Spanish flats seem to be somehow cold and I do not agree with the general Spanish taste of decoration of private homes, but this one was just lovely and so cozy... Maybe I could live there? Oh well I bet he does not let me to. Shame.

And by the way, people, I know already I am quite tall here in the South of Europe and that you might be unable to see the what-ever-thing you are eager to see if I happen to stand in front of you. Not my fault, though - this is how I was born and I am certainly not gonna cut my legs or stay home to please your midget self. In general I tend not to inform you if you are a bit dumb, fat or ugly so please keep your nice little mouth shut about my height. Deal? (At least 2 - 3 comments every single day so far, thank you very much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment